Child Support in Waterloo

An aspect of family law that tends to be stressful is the issue of child support. Parents want the best for their children, and disagreements over the division of assets, finances, and custody can cause strong emotions. When the situation gets frustrating, you want a knowledgeable legal professional on your side who will look out for your best interests. The Law Offices of C. Richard Buck can provide you with legal support to aid you in all your decision-making.

Learn more about child support on this page, and please reach out about your child support case in Waterloo. The Law Offices of C. Richard Buck is happy to help clients navigate child support laws in Waterloo.

What is Child Support?

Child support is payment to the parent with custody from the parent who doesn’t have custody. Child support can apply whether the couple was married or not, and either parent of any gender can be responsible.

Child support is meant to assist the custodial parent with the financial costs of raising a child, such as food, clothing, diapers, and living space. Both parents thus have responsibility and involvement in supporting the child’s growth, at least in a financial manner.

Child Support Guidelines in Ontario

In Canada, child support payments are calculated mainly from the income of the paying parent and the number of children they need to support. In Ontario, there are additional guidelines on unique arrangements, such as when the child lives with both parents for an equal amount of time.

Child support guidelines vary greatly according to the unique situations of the case. To fully understand your rights, it is important to hire a lawyer who is experienced with navigating Canada’s child support laws. The Law Offices of C. Richard Buck can help you understand child support laws in Waterloo.

Just like child custody, child support decisions in Ontario are made in the best interests of the child, which is determined by the court.

Can I Change My Child Support Order?

The Law Offices of C. Richard Buck can help you change a child support order. The process is similar to initiating a child support order in the first place. You will first have to apply to change the court order. Usually, child support orders change when there has been a change in one of the parents’ situations, or in the child’s situation.

For more information about child support laws, please see:

Please note that these resources (including this article) are only meant to be informative and should not be taken as legal advice.

Consult a Legal Professional
Child support issues can get heated quickly. Don’t tackle emotionally difficult circumstances by yourself. A legal professional, such as Richard from the Law Offices of C. Richard Buck, can help shed clarity on your case so you can understand your rights better and fight effectively for them. Contact Richard to get help with navigating child support in Waterloo.


Schedule a consultation to discuss your family law matter

Call Us
Copyright C. Richard Buck 2021 - Legal
Created by

Legal notice